Radical change doesn’t usually ignite by doing the same things we’ve always done. Sometimes we need to leave behind our judgement to see the possibilities in front of us. When we know what we want to do and we’re prepared to take a chance, we also need to be prepared to leave our comfort zone. Here are some things to think about:
- Understand your goal: Talk about it with others who have done it and to the people who support you. Don’t talk with the naysayers and anyone that leaves you feeling bad about what you’re doing.
- Line up your priorities: Know how to get what you want. Identify the challenges you’ll face so you can be prepared to overcome them when they arise.
- Break it down into small steps: Be realistic when creating your plan of action. Think it through, break it down to basics.
- Take responsibility and be accountable: Hold yourself accountable for your actions and the people in your life will support you and your efforts, even when the outcome isn’t clear yet.
- Challenge yourself to take risks (and be prepared to fail): Consider the big risk rather than the safe bet. It won’t always be great, but turn off the mental chatter until you know.
- Positive Mental Attitude: Believe in yourself. Don’t let yourself entertain negative, depressive thoughts. Let them go, stay empowered by your own faith and compassion for yourself.
- Continually evolve: Everything changes. Reframe your views frequently. Reprogram and relearn new behaviors and ideas that are helpful in the here and now. Be open to seeing things that you didn’t before.
- Be open to the impossible: Look for new opportunities. “If I could do anything about this situation it would be…” Get creative, imagine the unimaginable.
To find out how working with an Integrative Health Coach can support you in reaching your goals, contact me to see if it’s a good fit and receive your first session for FREE!